Monday, August 11, 2008

It's the little things ....





Thank to "old cow" who helped to produce this video. Apologies for not getting the copyright of the photo images. It is too good to keep it in my computer. Only those above 35 will understand the song.


Happy Birthday Singapore.


Forty Four years. That was how long my parents had been married. Over the years, they have made many mistake, quarreled and fought over many issues. But it is the little things that they shared that stays in my mind.



One of the last thing my father asked me to do before he died was to buy a gold bracelet for my mum's birthday.

From my mum, I learnt how to obey and honour our husband. My father has a fiery temper and was known to share his opinions loudly. He has hurt her sometimes yet she never reproached him but was there to listen to him and support his ideas.


She always listen to him first before expressing her opinions. She was never a door mat for him to step on and she can be as stubborn as a mule.(She was born in the year of the ox). But she was willing to hold her tongue and build a solid marriage over the years. She ensures that his needs are well taken care.



Till today, even though he has been dead for two years, she still keeps a daily communion with him. Last year, we went to Penang the place where they spent their honeymoon. She brough along a small picture of him.

Till death do us part?

No comments: