Sunday, April 25, 2010


I have s son who serve as an alter boy in the Catholic Church. Each week, when he goes morning mass, I say a silent pray that he will be in safe hands.

Yes. as a concern mother, sometimes, I do wonder if my son, who is eleven, is in danger of being molested or sexually abused.

I wait faithfully and patiently for the Archbishop to assure us that our sons are safe when they are serving at the alter.

Sometimes, the priest would bring my son for breakfast after mass. I do not jump into conclusion but keep a watchful eye on my son. I can trust the priest in my parish as I observed that they have genuine care and concern for the parishioners.

The issue here is not that the Church has shield the paedophile priests scandal or that many ordinary Catholic seemed willing to forgive the paedophile priests.

The issue here is one of responsibility of the parents. If our child is molested, I would not sweep the issue under the carpet to protect the priests. I would make a police report and demand that justice is made. If parents have established a good relationship with their children, they would be aware when something is a missed with their children.

A paedophile is apaedophile weather he is clock in a cassock or a policeman uniform. This is not a question of forgiveness. This is a simple issue of cause and consequences. If you do the crime, you pay the time

No comments: