Saturday, December 2, 2006

Reflection at Hong Kong Day 4 and 5

I am now back in Singapore safe and sound having slept the whole of Saturday recovering from living in Hong Kong.

Day 4 saw me going to Shenzhen but did not survived for three hours and I decided to leave. I did not like the place at all and felt very lonely. The sales ladies were very good as they managed to make me buy a lot of stuff without realising that I do not need them.

I suddenly felt so home sick that I tried to convince the airline office to let me change my flight but I could not. I went to several hotels but they were all overbooked. I could not stay at the Institute hostel as it was the last day of the conference and I had to check out.

I found a hotel that is like Hotel 81 type. I stayed there for two hours to rest my legs and then went out for dinner. I looked at a night market but could not buy any stuff as I did not have much money left.

Next day, I woke up at 5 a.m.and waited for 6 a.m.before I explored Hong Kong. I have travlled on all the MRT lines and found a little town with a lot of governmnet flats.

Next, I went to Lantou Island to see the Big Buddah. I loved that place as there are many good relief where my students would have found it useful for map reading.

I went back to Taipo to get my luggages and presented a bunch of roses for Coco Ng who was kind enough to let me keep my bag at the Institute.

Also said Goodbye to the nice sales ladies who sold me 3 pair of boots. The Tim-sum ladies actually thanked me for selecting her tim-sum. The taxi driver waited for me at no extra charge when I wen to collect my luggage.

Last minute, I was mad enough to buy six botttles of conditioners and shampoo for my Ess and daughters only to find out that I cannot checked in as hand luggage. I was already 10 kg over weight (The baggage not me. Me I am 30 kg overweight) and this added to more weight.Sight.

Although I learnt alot from the conference, I felt very lonely and did not enjoy touring and exploring Hong Kong on my own.

No comments: